Thursday, April 24, 2008

Updates...

Well I had a few pictures of the house after unpacking some things, but somehow when I transferred them to my computer I lost them. So no new pics right now. We decided to go ahead and do the buyout with State Farm. We figured if there's a strong possibility of doing the buyout at the end of May anyways, might as well save the May house payment and duplicate utilities. The effective date for SF to take over the house is May 6th. It'll be nice to not have to worry about that anymore. We've had the basement work being done this week and that's almost finished. I've had hot water on and off this week, whenever the guys remembered to turn it back on for me. It's been a fun week. I also have a new job in Columbia as a Fire Claim rep starting 6/2. It'll be good to get some core experience but a big change after being in my current unit almost 7 years. So that's the update for now. Hopefully I'll get pictures up soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job, Shyla! I don't think you'll regret taking the buy-out sooner rather than later. Jimmy and I held out for four months when we relocated, and the house never sold. That was four mortage payments plus utilities down the drain. With the housing market like it is, I think ya'll made a wise choice. Good luck unpacking...gosh that is tiring, isn't it? Take care!