Mags has come to expect daily walks around our neighboorhood and ignores us all night if he doesn't get it.Tuesday, June 3, 2008
More new pictures
Hello! Here are some more new pics for everyone. I am 2 days into my job as a Fire claim rep. So far so good. I'm in training with 5 other people who are all pretty cool. I go to Oklahoma in 2 weeks to get my Oklahoma adjuster's license. Then in October I'm back in Blm for 2 weeks for claims school. Today I started learning how to build a house from the ground up. Pretty interesting but I'm on information overload already! Getting to the office from our house is pretty easy, mostly highway so it doesn't take too long, about the same as it took us in Blm. First interesting experience of Missouri life was getting the cars registered. I had to make 3 stops. First stop was to an office to get a form saying property taxes weren't owed on the cars. You have to pay property taxes on cars here every year. 2nd step was to go get a mandatory state inspection to say the car is not falling apart. That was $12. Then finally to the DMV. And the most exciting part for me was the fact that the plates only costs $25 a year versus the $85 I was used to in Blm. And we can register for 2 years at a time. So that was a fun little savings. Although I'm sure it all equals out after we start paying tax in 2009.
Mags has come to expect daily walks around our neighboorhood and ignores us all night if he doesn't get it.
Mags has come to expect daily walks around our neighboorhood and ignores us all night if he doesn't get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment