Sunday, December 7, 2008

Vacation pics

Well it was quite a shock to my system to come back home from vacation to 24 degrees, especially since I had flip flops on! We had a great time on the cruise, here are a few pics. At one point someone on the cruise reported seeing someone or something go overboard, so the boat did a sharp turn and did figure eights in the water for 2 hours until it was confirmed everyone was on board. It turned out to be a stuffed monkey. I'm surprised nobody did fall overboard when the boat made the sharp turn it did, Lisa and I were inside looking at photos to buy and had to brace ourselves not to go sliding on the floor. We met a lot of fun people on the trip. We had really good weather every day, the day we left it was a little rainy and it was a little rainy in the morning in Key West, but other than that the weather was great.

Beach in Jamaica
Our waiter, Ivan. He brought us a lot of good food.

At the turtle farm in Grand Cayman, this was pretty cool, although the turtle does not look to happy to be posing for pics huh? We didn't get to do Stingray City in Grand Cayman due to rough waters, so we were a little sad about that. We went to Hell, which is a big tourist trap, and then the turtle farm and had lunch at Margaritaville.
Sunset

Lisa and I in Key West, my camera didn't take this one well but the water in the background is crystal clear. Key West was a lot of fun, we walked around a lot in the morning and then did a train tour of the island in the afternoon. It was my favorite place on the trip. Neat little streets and homes and of course we had to try Key Lime pie in Key West! Oh and it didn't hurt we ran into a Coach outlet store there either! : )

Some ladies we met on the trip, they were a lot of fun. They were with a group of 500 people, and it was one of their ladies who had the stuffed monkey that fell overboard. Apparently the monkey goes on all the cruises with them and has been on 35 cruises. They were pretty sad to lose their monkey.

Jamaica

The other two girls at our dinner table, they were hilarious.

This was in Ft. Lauderdale the day before we left. We spent the day at the Galleria and did a little shopping and then walked around the beach and shops on the beach for awhile. Ft. Lauderdale was really pretty, wouldn't want to be there around Spring break time though.

Dunns River Falls in Jamaica. They were beautiful. I found out the Ocho Rios side of Jamaica is just like the Negril side, the people are SO pushy, they were really annoying. So it's beautiful there but Lisa and I both agree we don't need to go to Jamaica again.

The first day on the boat we had to do a drill so we would know where to go for our emergency boats. Don't we just look cute in our lifejackets?

The rest of our dinner table, it was a fun group, we had a great time at dinner.

Seems like the majority of our pictures came from dinner!

Dinner, again.
The boat
Me on the boat, I'm really glad I wasn't up here on the deck when the boat made the sharp turn. We heard that everyone that was on top freaked out. I don't blame them. It definitely felt like the boat would tip over. I have a ton more photos but I'll stop with these for now. I'm off to unpack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos. I thought of you guys alot while you were gone. Glad you both had fun and that the weather cooperated for you! Welcome back to Illinois/Missouri with the cold temps and snow!!!

Love ya, Miss ya,
Nicole