Monday, May 19, 2008

4 more nights

Four more nights of hotel living before Caylea and I finally join Jason in Columbia on Friday. I'm ready to not live out of a suitcase any longer. Caylea and I went to Chicago yesterday for a little shopping. I learned a few things from yesterday....

1. Chicago on a Sunday in May is way better than Chicago any day of the week during November thru February.
2. Do not wear a short sleeve shirt in Chicago in May.
3. You save money on gas and parking by taking the train but you see some VERY interesting characters.
4. The walk from Union Station to Michigan Avenue is long. Even longer once you get to Michigan Ave. and realize the American Girl Store is on the very opposite end. Even longer when you're wearing a short sleeve shirt.

We got to see part of a movie being filmed which was cool. Of course Johnny Depp was nowhere to be found. I got a picture of the old cars they were driving around. Caylea's "boyfriend" threw her a goodbye party on Saturday night. He and his parents went all out and it was very sweet. She had a good time. Does it mean you're getting old when your child is at a party and you realize she has more social activities anymore than you do?

No comments: